Contribute Here and use my Marathon#:342532 and last name KALTSAS

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

So Far

I haven't really been keeping my times as I calculate my times based on other people's watches, but I am running a 7:45/8:00min mile for a distance of about 6 miles. I ran the Brooklyn half marathon in 1:50:22 which was an 8:25min/mile.

For all runners out there, the rule of thumb is you tag on an extra 30sec to the pace that you ran the half in to get your marathon time, which would bring me to an 8:55min/mile pace for the marathon making me finish the marathon in 3:53.

So here are my goals for the marathon:

1.) To finish the race. (at worst)
2.) To finish in under 4 hours. (medium)
3.) To finish in under 3:45. (Ecstatic)
4.) To finish in under 3:30. (Impossible)

I have been having a lot of pain in my shins lately. The funny thing is that my muscles don't feel sore any more (that means I am getting in shape) but my shins are killing me (means I might be running too fast). Don't know what to do but rest... a lot. I ran at 8:25min/m pace today, the slowest I ran since I started training with TFK. However the conversation of my teammates was pleasant and it got my mind of the pain. Don't know what I am going to to do.

Here is another insperational video that I liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment